Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Compatibility of FM13 to FM14

This topic is 3259 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am running Filemaker 13 Advanced on two two computers and Filemaker 13 on a third.  All of the computers are iMacs.  All of the computers talk with each other via hosted database on a shared server.  I would like to start exploring Filemaker 14 but cannot afford to have any one of these machines not in service.

I have three questions:

1)  Can the files I generate in FM 14 be accessed from the boxes that only have FM13 installed?

2)  If I download the demo version will I still have access to the debugger tools?

3)  If I decide FM14 is not yet ready for prime time can I convert back to FM13?

You can run FM 13 and FM 14 simultaneously on one machine. FM 14 files will run in FM 13, except for FM 14-specific features (for example, the new Top Navigation part will show up with a big red "X" in FM 13).

I don't think there's an Advanced version for demo, but I'm not sure.

Just to add from Davids comments, yes the trial is the Advanced version, so far on Mac it is working with both installed, on windows did not work, FMPA13 gave me an error after having FM 14 installed. 

I tried to load an FM14 file that had the new "glyphs" and the menu bar, none showed on FM13, simple empty space where they should apear.

I am thinking as well if FM14 is worth for me as I am still learning, the BIG things so far are the new script space and mainly the new web direct that looks much faster.

This topic is 3259 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.