This topic is 3162 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I have two issues regarding importing my data from an excel CSV file to FM Starting Point.

When I import to the Accounts module first to get all company data set up it works fine, however, when I then import to the contacts module (which has contacts related to the previously imported Accounts) the contacts import just fine but none of the related contacts are showing up in the Accounts module. I have used common linking data (such as company ID) that is associated with both the Account and the Contact but that doesn't appear to make them recognize one another as related. What is the best way to import my data so that the "related contacts" feature works in the Account module? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

My second issue is regarding importing to the account module. I built two conditional value lists to segment my accounts into 1)Industry Category and then 2) Industry Sub Category. I am having trouble getting the data to import for these two fields that I added to the account module. Since I created another table to house the values in my conditional value lists do I need to import them another way? I can't get this data to import and would appreciate any suggestions.

Many Thanks

Jenny

• 2 weeks later...

Jenny,

The way FM Starting Point works is that when you select the magnifying glass in contacts, and select the related Company (account), it grabs the account id and sets it to a field in the contacts module named account id. Until these are set, through the process described, the records will not show as related.

when importing from an excel data source, you have to be absolutely certain that the fields have the exact same names and that you are importing through the matching names option.

Thanks,

Jonathan Hogle

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok How to import is fine BUT
The key issue is the relationships that MUST be present there.

If I import 800 products from "Supplier aGoGo"  and "Supplier aGoGo" is mentioned on each line of the csv file for each of the 800 products to be imported,
HOW, without going one by one of the 800 imported products do I set them to be related to that ACCOUNT.

We set up the Account name to be an exact match to the cell "Supplier Name"

Once the 800 products are imported, I need to go manually click on the Mag-Glass, select the vendor name "Supplier aGoGo" from the pop up, and ONLY this way the product is linked to the Account. If you ask "Same products from "Supplier aGoGo" the 800 will show up,.

Can we AUTOMATE this so the link is done without manual intervention?

It is kind of a nightmare to do this for each supplier (Account) and each list of products of this supplier and each contact belonging to this supplier ...

I believe I explained it correctly.

THANK you experts for any help

Beto Boton

Australia

Beto, 

Yes, it is possible. You need to ensure in your initial export contains the related foreign ID's. In your example, you need to insure that when you export your CONTACTS, you include the ACCOUNT id within the export. Then when you perform the import, you are importing the ACCOUNT id into the appropriate field in the CONTACTS module.

Thanks,

-JH

• Like 1

This topic is 3162 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.