Disabling Print Dialog Box

This topic is 3229 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have completed the setup of a Filemaker kiosk system on an iPad, and it's printing nicely via Wifi to a Brother label printer — but I am unable to prevent the dialog box from showing up on the iPads. In the script steps both the Page Setup and the Print steps have the dialog box disabled.

Any ideas? Is this a known issue? How can I prevent the dialog boxes from showing up on the iPad kiosk?

Filemaker Server 14, Filemaker Go 14

Thanks!

One way to have zero dialog printing from FMGo that I have used in the past is to use Insert from URL script step to trigger a php script that ultimately uses Google Cloud Print to print... You can create PDF using FMGo, insert it into a container, base64 encode it, POST using Insert from URL, to your php script which then decodes back to PDF and sends to Google Cloud Print....

There's a brief outline of the method anyway.... Might be worth exploring further for your requirements... Only problem sometimes was a delay at Google Cloud Print queue, but mostly was very fast....

• Like 2

Thank you all -- you are all correct. Turns out iOS print dialog boxes cannot be suppressed.

So, now I have set up a small PrintJobs table in the Filemaker solution itself, which is constantly checked by a Cron script on the server, and the jobs are printed directly from the server instead of the iOS devices.

Hopefully the entire iOS and Filemaker Go experience will become more robust as time goes by, as more and more of my clients are looking to have their teams work on iPads instead of Macs or PCs.

This topic is 3229 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.