Peer to Peer Sharing

TKnTexas

This topic is 3224 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have been using FileMaker since version 3.  I have used Peer to Peer file sharing on versions 5 and 11.  All on Windows (current version of the time).  I demonstrated that FileMaker Pro is a tool we should use in our accounting office.   I have basically replaced Excel with FileMaker for my daily work.  Something I get teased about.  We used Great Plains.  I have pulled various elements of data from Great Plains joining in FileMaker.  I have two files that I want to be able to share with my co-worker.   And I want to setup file sharing between Payroll/HR and the Accounting Manager.  

The files I want to share, are stored in a directory C:\FileMakerData on my Win7 Professional desktop.  I have indicated the files to be shared by ALL.  From the other computer, which is also Win7 Professional with the same version of FileMaker Pro 13 Standard that I have (different registration number), I do REMOTE OPEN.  I can see "my" computer identified by the IP address.  However, I can not see any files.  NOTHING.

I would welcome any help.  I have validated that Bonjour is running as a SERVICE on both machines.  From my past experience with version 5 and 11, it JUST worked.  The only thing I have shared on FMP12 files is from my Mac laptop to another Mac laptop or my iPad.  It just worked.

FMPRO.png

image001.png

image002.png

At the bottom of the "open remote" window, where it says "network file path", if you add the file name to that and then hit "open", does that work?

Could be a firewall issue on the host machine.

Since we are both on the same intranet here at the office, I doubt firewall.  I will try the other suggestion this morning and let y'all know.  This has been so strange.  

This topic is 3224 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.