Hide records of other users on login

This topic is 2761 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

46 minutes ago, kathrynfw said:

Is there a way to do that?

Sure. But first you must have a way to identify the record "owner". If you haven't already done so, add a CreatedBy text field to your table and make it auto-enter Creation[Account Name]. Then adjust your users' privilege set so that they can view records in this table only when:

CreatedBy = Get ( AccountName )

Note that any find performed in the table will automatically omit records to which the current user has no access. You can also use custom menus to prevent users from calling Show All Records. Note that this is a purely cosmetic measure: even if they do, they will only get a bunch of records with << No Access>> plastered over them.

• Like 1

Ok, I did that, but when I open up under other usernames, I still see the files, even though Createdby is properly attributed. Is there a script to set that? Sorry to be so dense. Finding my way with this.

Edited by kathrynfw

• 1 month later...

I have a similar question -- I have a database of Students who will each have a record set up an administrator along with an Account they use to access the database.   Would the best approach be to set up a field in the Students table called "LOGIN ID" and use that as for the boolean test allowing access to only that record?   (Keeping that field accessible only to the admin). --  Or is there another cleverer technique for this?

This topic is 2761 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.