External Data Source not showing all TOs when not open

This topic is 2816 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Good morning,

I am having a bit of a problem with External Data Sources and pulling in information correctly. We have a hosted file A, that has about 30 table occurrences from hosted file B on it's relational diagram. When we are connected to both of the solutions remotely, all of the table occurrences show up correctly. However, when we are only connected to hosted file A, not all of the table occurrences show up. Only 3 of them show up on the relational diagram, instead of the 30 that were on there before. It seems like its just three arbitrary tables too, it's a Globals table, a Preferences_System table, and a Preferences_User table. Why would this be happening? Where does the problem here lie, is there some sort of permissions that I have to set up to allow all tables to show up even if both solutions aren't open? Is this a problem which lies in how I set up the External Data Sources? 

Probably the latter.  When you open the graph on file A, it will automatically try to open file B to show the TOs that belong to file B.  If it can't find the reference it should prompt you to locate it.  Do you get a prompt?

Can you post a screenshot of the file references in file A?

• Like 1

The whole scenario sounds very unlikely.

I don't think you're even opening up the files you think you are opening. I suspect there are two copies of File "A" and they are in fact completely different and have different graphs.

• Like 1

Hi Kevin,

12 hours ago, KevinArevalo said:

However, when we are only connected to hosted file A, not all of the table occurrences show up. Only 3 of them show up on the relational diagram, instead of the 30 that were on there before. It seems like its just three arbitrary tables too, it's a Globals table, a Preferences_System table, and a Preferences_User table. 

When you open a file, not all externally referenced files open automatically.  There must be a field or reference which requires that FM open the other file/s.  Are these three tables the local 'UI' tables and it is the data ( external ) file which doesn't open?  If you place a field from one of those tables onto your opening layout, does it then open?

• Like 1

This topic is 2816 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.