0 and 1 showing in value list on filtered portal

mbarrett65

This topic is 2793 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm using a field-based value list in conjunction with a filtered portal based on a relationship. The filtered portal seems to be working fine. However, "1" and "0" are showing in the value list though neither of those values are in any records.

Issue #2 is that unless I include "IsEmpty (fieldname)" in the calculation field used in the relationship, all my portal fields have to contain data or the record doesn't show in the portal. In other filtered portals, I've never added "IsEmpty" to the calculation field and records have shown in the the portal regardless of empty values (see yellow highlight in screenshot).

Thanks for any insights on these two issues.

1 and 0 showing.png

vertical calc.png

empty values.png

What is the type of the fields used for the relationship?

P.S. This is a shot in the dark. I think you are confusing filtered portals with filtered relationships. And I don't really follow your description, even if I allow for that. However, it seems pretty obvious that if the value list is based on the calculation field you show us, then it's going to contain 0 and 1 - because the IsEmpty() function returns either true (1) or false (0). And my guess is that the result type of the calculation is set to Number instead of Text.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated, and sorry if I'm not being clear. The fields being used are a global and a calculation -- the calculation result is set to Text, though. 

It does seem that you are onto something with IsEmpty returning 1 and 0, thank you for that insight. I have been working it some more and recreated my fields and now it is working as expected without the IsEmpty line.

Thank you again!

8 hours ago, mbarrett65 said:

The fields being used are a global and a calculation -- the calculation result is set to Text, though. 

Well, then I guess the global field must have been a Number. You did not describe the exact relationship, but this rings a familiar bell:
http://fmforums.com/topic/51074-tough-one-excluding-value-list/?do=findComment&comment=266667

I cannot see any other reason why including the IsEmpty() value in the key would have made any difference.

Edited by comment

This topic is 2793 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.