Direct image capture thru webcam

This topic is 2803 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi guys!,

Thanks for the last response regarding entering of new invoices. Somehow I am unable to reply to that thread. Anyway, I would like to apologise for bothering you guys again. BTW, I had bought the 40 hours training video and its amazing. I encourage all those who are new to starting point to get this training videos. Thanks Richard.

I do a lot of field work and data capturing on the field in an important aspect. I am wondering can anyone advise me how do I capture images onto the starting point photo container on my contact list? What are the third party application I need to get this function done?

I really appreciate your input.

Lesster

Hmmm... Jonathan is right.  That being said... if your looking for a highly professional image collection... on mobile devices... then...

I would recommend checking out "FM Gallery" and "FM Camera"

FM Gallery is a data repository for images... built with a high polished UI.  The FM Camera is new.  It basically gives you access an App... like the Photo app on the  iPhone or iPad.  It collects the images offline... and then sync them up to FM Gallery. 

www.fmgallery.net

These were developed by Nick Hunter... with is the UI design guy behind the current FileMaker Start Solutions...

• Like 1

Great! Thanks for the information. Really appreciate your fast response. Will look into the options. Basically I am trying to link it onto my MacBook Air.

By the way, is it possible that you can tell me what does that small little broom does on some corners of the entry pane? I tried clicking on it but not sure of the function.

Thanks once again.

The Brooms they "swap away crazy styling of the text".  LOL   So if you have copied and pasted some test in from an email or another source...and it has some weird styling... cleaning it can be a pain in the butt.   I know this personally.  I eat my own dog food.  So I put in the broom!!!

Yay baby!!!

- Richard Carlton

• Like 2

Thanks Richard, for your animated explanation. :)

I really fall in love  with starting point! It is so amazing and really helped me a lot with my work. Thank.

Ok, here is a small little bug which I encountered. Sorry to disturb you again. Here is the bug......

whenever i gave discount on my invoice, i needed to retype the percentage a few time on the discount pane before the invoice can give me the correct discounted figures. May I know how i can rectify this?

Lesster,

I am having difficulty reproducing the issue, which figures were wrong? The discount field on the Invoice layout refers to a discount on the order as a whole, and will not be displayed in each line item.

If you need to change the price on a particular item, that is done in the Products section.

Thanks,

Jonathan Hogle

• Like 1

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply. Ok let me try and explain more in detail. I am in the invoice segment.

1. As I punch in my product on the product list, The price will automatically add up on the lower right pane where we have the total, notes, CC info, payment tabs

2. On the total tab, we have the "Discount Rate", "Sales Tax Rate", "Terms", "Date Due" etc etc etc.....

3. Once I have completed entering the products, I will have the total shown on the lower right side of the screen.

4. This is where I will go to the "Discount Rate" box and enter the percentage where I want to give discount. My issue is at this juncture. Whenever I enter the percentage, the total does not reflect the proposed discounted sum but instead a figure that is not according to the discounted rate. I need to change a few times the discounted figures (e.g., i wanted to give a 30% discount but I have to enter 0.5 or 0.4 then 0.3 before it can calculate the correct discounted total amount)

I hope you are able to visualise what I am trying to say in this explanation.

Thank you very much, Jonathan.

Regards,

Lesster

Hmm, i've looked into this quite a bit and its still escaping me. I have discovered that shipping Costs are added after the Discount, and therefore are not discounted.

The Problem corrects itself after a while though? If you enter several Values? 

Are you using the Latest version of FMSP 4.6.6?

Thanks,

Jonathan Hogle

This topic is 2803 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.