Rename file/Change Name Of FMSP?

This topic is 2812 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I search but can't seem to find the answer to this one. Here are some of the searches I tried which may help others find this message.

Can I change the FM Starting Point file name to something else?
Rename FM Starting Point

Thanks!

DevDude,

You can change the file name to whatever you want, it is your file. That being said, if you plan on reselling or distributing it in any way, the conditions outlined in the license must be met.

Some of the conditions are as follows, read the full license for additional details:

"Redistribution and use in all forms, with or without modification, is permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

• Redistribution in all forms must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
    • Neither the name of Richard Carlton Consulting, Inc. nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
    • Resale of the database is only permitted in the event that "Substantial Modification" has been made to the original product. Resale of the database without "Substantial Modification" is prohibited.
    • Some graphic elements within this database are provided under the LGPL license."

Thanks,

Jonathan Hogle

• Newbies

Thanks Jonathan.

I want to rename the file so I can make a duplicate in the same folder keeping an original copy with it's original name. In the old days there was great danger changing a file name but now since Filemaker is relational and there's usually only one file that's not as much of an issue. Just had to be sure.

Also, I have learned that a year later trying to find what the original name was in retrace who or where the file came from in order to re-download the file, it's helpful if I retain the original name. Still haven't found an intelligent way to keep all my templates straight. I have kind of arrived and now making a company folder e.g. "RCC Examples and Tutorials" and dropping the original files there. Richards stuff is very well documented though and he pops up a lot for me so it's unlikely I'll forget but some of the others may remain more obscure but the content I have save from them may be extremely relevant at a later date so I always want to remember where stuff came from.

Cheers!
John

This topic is 2812 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.