Calculate Employee Sick leave accumulation

This topic is 2805 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello Forum,

Please assist me, i am struggling to get a working calculation for sick leave field, how to go about calculating how many sick leave days are due for employees if every employee has 30 sick leave days in 3 years, which will lapse if not taken. Can someone please point me in the right direction how to go about all this?

Please ask if anymore question as i am also in an ambiguous situation.

Many thanks,

Miss Amen.

Edited by Miss A!

This is more a matter for a relationship than a calculation. Construct a relationship to the table where sick leaves are recorded and make it show the sick leaves taken by the employee in the most recent 3 years. I cannot be more specific than that, because I don't know when exactly does a year end. Then sum the days of the related sick leaves and subtract that from 30.

Edited by comment
  • Like 1

Also consider the other end of this  - up until they have been employed for 2 years and 1 day, they (presumably) don't have 30 days of leave.

My company has 10 days of sick leave per year avaialble - 5 days upon employment, 5 days more at the end of the probation period (6 months). then 10 days per year added on the anniversary of employment. So at 1 year and 1 day, they have a maximum of 20 days.

• Like 1

Sick leave is not an attribute of the employee, such as a hire date or position. Sick leave has a many to one relationship to the person. So as Comment said, you need to set up a sick_leave table and store the sick leave information there, along with the ID of the employee. Then you can show them on a portal.

Then you can calculate anything on those records.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

A very rough version might use a StartDate, and a TimeOfService field ( a number calc field: Get ( CurrentDate ) - StartDate )

Then an AccruedSickLeave:

Case (
  TimeOfService < 183; 5;
  TimeOfService < 365; 10;
  Round ( (TimeOfService) / 365 ; 0 ) *10
)

So, under half a year (roughly) - 5 days. One year ( in a normal non-Leap Year), 10 days, then 10 days per completed year of service.

It will be out by some days over a long period of time, and is just off the top of my head rough calc...

This topic is 2805 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.