PSOS Performance Anxiety

This topic is 2744 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a system being hosted using FMS14.  I also have a duplicate database hosted for testing/exporting using FMS15. PSOS is much slower in my hands with FMS15.

Both servers are physical boxes, with similar (maybe identical) specs (Cores, RAM HD Space, HD Space available)

I also have a Server Side script that creates a found set, exports data to excel and emails it to a user.  (This is based on https://www.skeletonkey.com/restoring-filemaker-clients-found-set-within-server-side-script/).  The exports have a couple of related fields, but no unstirred calculations.

Using FMS14 this has been working just fine.  Using FMS15 it has been significantly slower.

As a test, I exported 13,000 records from both FMS14 and FMS15.

Using FMS14, it takes about 10 Seconds to recreate the found set, then 70 Seconds to create the export.  

Using FMS15, it takes about 20 Seconds to recreate the (same) found set, then 175 Seconds to export the data.

In another series of tests, this time exporting 30,000 records (more realistic in my scenario) I found;

Using FMS14, it takes about 25 Seconds to recreate the found set, then 168 Seconds to create the export.  (2.5x longer to find/2x longer to export 3x records)

Using FMS15, it takes about 90 Seconds to recreate the (same) found set, then 825 Seconds to export the data. 9x longer to find/11x longer to export 3x records)

In the last series of tests, this time exporting 50,000 records I found;

Using FMS14, it takes about 59 Seconds to recreate the found set, then 262 Seconds to create the export.  (6x longer to find/4x longer to export 5x records)

Using FMS15, it takes about 160 Seconds to recreate the (same) found set, then 1700 Seconds to export the data.(16x to find/24x to export 5x records)

Any ideas?  Anyone see similar results with PSOS on FMS15?  

Again, the machines are identical, the databases are identical and the scripts are identical.  the only difference is FMS14 vs. FMS15.  I am also letting another user pull data using ODBC.  That has also gotten extremely slow using FMS15, but that is a discussion for another thread.  I am not using WebD on this server.  In general the FMS15 database performs find using FMP Clients.  But the FMS15 functions are not very impressive.  I am petrified to move my production database to FMS15, and even considering moving the test server back to FMS14.  Help!

TIA

Jerry

• 1 month later...

This topic is 2744 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.