Dynamic Value List Question

Courtney

This topic is 2803 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm working on a timesheet solution where the user selects the "Role" that they're performing from a preset list of values, and then I want to populate a list of possible values for their "Task" based on their role.

Role table includes a field called Billing Category (with 5 possible options).

Task table also includes a field called Billing Category.

My relationship for the value list is Role::Billing Category = Task::Billing Category.

Two of my Role::Billing Category options will share the same values in Task. The remaining 3 have unique lists.

I tried to use a checkbox for Task::Billing Category, to indicate that one task can have 2 billing categories, but my dropdown fails when Roles with those Billing Categories are chosen. (The other 3 work fine.)

Is there a way to create a relationship that will match an either/or like that, or is my best bet to duplicate all the Tasks with those 2 categories, and mark one set with the first Billing Category and one with the second?

In other words, I want to be able to select a Role that either has a Billing Category of "Publishing" or "Document Management", and the value list dropdown for Task will give the same results for either choice.

This topic is 2803 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.