"EasySync is go for launch..."

This topic is 2800 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Can you tell me how long is the step ""EasySync is go for launch..." on your solution ?

When I try to sync with Joshua files (sync check improvement part 2), It looks very fast, but when I used exactly the same script on my solution I have to wait 20 seconds.

Do you have any idea why ?

Best regards

Mine takes about 14 seconds. I have a large number of tables with a large number of fields to sync, and a lot of records to query. The "EasySync is go for launch..." step includes the push step and the sync status won't change unless the system finds records to push. This could make it seem like it's hanging for a while even though it's gathering table and field names and records to push.

One thing you should do is go into the "Sync With Server" script. Change the 'Refresh Object' script step with 'Refresh Window' where it says "Pulling Data from Server...". It needs to be a refresh window to work, but I think Tim (and I) forgot to change that one. This will break up the monotony, but won't actually speed things up.

Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 12.11.40 PM.png

Edited by Joshua Willing Halpern

Actually, you can go through all the client sync scripts and change the refresh objects steps to refresh window if you want to make sure the status changes correctly. Refresh Object seems inconsistent. Remember that too many window refreshes can slow things down a hair, but I think the actual behind-the-scenes stuff is what takes the longest so no worries.

In the video you'll see that requesting payload from server takes the longest on my system, but this won't be shown unless you change those refresh steps. sync_speed.mov

Be careful with replacing the Refresh Objects with Refresh window. With the implementation of Refresh Objects, Refresh Window now does exactly what it says...it refreshes every pixel in the window. That can be VERY costly depending on what you are doing.

This topic is 2800 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.