Assignment not working

DIG

This topic is 2785 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello All – I need some assistance please, this is my first post here so apologies if I have not placed this post in the correct thread.

I don’t understand how to stop this from happening, I am hoping some can show me why this is happening. I have attached my latest working file.

PROBLEM: Whenever I assign a piece of plant to a job site via the DIESELS_PLANT Layout, the Site assignment does not stay and changes to the last site I assigned them; the plant however remains as set for that particular customer.

I have two Customers, Four piece of plant and four job sites in my example.

I used a join table as many customers have many sites and many sites can be related to many customers.

I have assigned Sites to customers, I have assigned Plant to customers. No Problem.

What I would like to see via a portal on the Customers layout is what plant they have assigned, what site it is at.

Matrix:

Site 1 = Plant 4 for customer Marvin the Martian

Site 2 = Plant 3 for customer Michigan J. Frog Inc.

Site 3 = Plant 2 for customer Marvin the Martian

Site 4 = Plant 1 for customer Michigan J. Frog Inc.

NOTE: I am unsure if this is bad practice or simply unnecessary but I serialized the _kf fields in the join table.

Thank you

DIG

Error.fmp12

Edited by DIG

This is being discussed on FileMaker Community.

https://community.filemaker.com/thread/165218

ALSO, the relation between jobs, plants, and customers seems to differ from what you described in the ERD discussion.

https://community.filemaker.com/message/591962

Edited by BruceR
Include relevant prior discussions.

8 hours ago, DIG said:

I need some assistance please, this is my first post here so apologies if I have not placed this post in the correct thread.

Please don't cross post your questions without letting us know by stating this as your first line in your post.  

1 hour ago, DIG said:

trying to get maximum

This goes without saying, and we don’t have a problem with that.

However, it can have the opposite result. If I know you are being help by a different list, then I will move on and help someone else.

If you haven’t yet read this topic by Ocean West, Anatomy of a Good Topic, Please do so now.

Hi Dig!  Welcome to FMForums! :smile3:

As has been explained, it is okay to post in different forums but it works best if you put the words 'X-POST' in the subject so those of us who frequent both forums will know.  We understand that, when someone is new to using these various forums they wouldn't know that, so you did nothing wrong.

Again, welcome!

This topic is 2785 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.