automatically filling in today's date

This topic is 2781 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey all! I’m returning to FileMaker after many years away, and my brain is still dusty. I’m trying to figure out how to solve this problem:

I have a table called Recipients, full of people I’ve emailed a drip campaign. Besides their name and email address, each Recipient record contains a set of fields that indicate the date when each stage of the drip campaign was emailed to them. These fields are named Date Sent 1, Date Sent 2, Date Sent 3, etc.

When a person responds to an email, I want to manually enter the nature of their reply into a text field called Response. As soon as I edit the Response field, I want the Response Date field to automatically get filled with today’s date.

How do I do this??!?

Thanks! :-)

13 minutes ago, noamb said:

each Recipient record contains a set of fields that indicate the date when each stage of the drip campaign was emailed to them. These fields are named Date Sent 1, Date Sent 2, Date Sent 3, etc.

This is not a good structure to have. You should have a related table where each event will be an individual record. Then you can simply auto-enter the current date when you create a new record in this table.

If you want to have an event only for sending, and enter the response in the same record, you could define the Response Date field to auto-enter a calculated  value (without replacing existing value) =

Let ( trigger = Response ; Get ( CurrentDate ) )

This topic is 2781 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.