Cloudmail not reponding

This topic is 2753 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to test Cloudmail once again after having endlessly been given the run around by AWS.  I am finally up and running with AWS but now when I try an open Cloudmail, I get an endless spinning ball and "Filemaker not responding". 

On another copy of Cloudmail that does open, I have tried inserting into the settings the data that came from AWS named "credentials.csv".  I put "Smtp Username" into the field  "Amazon Access key" (I discovered that "Smtp Username" and "Amazon Access key" are identical according to my IAM user data), and I put "Smtp Password" into the field "Amazon secret key".  When I click on "Test" I get message below. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? 

Untitled.jpg

Edited by dysong3

Hi dysong3

You are seeing this error because the SMTP user name and password are separate from AWS access and secret keys and thus CloudMail cannot authenticate your account. I recommend that you regenerate your access and secret key and try again. You can do this by logging into your AWS account and clicking on your account name in the top right corner and selecting "Security Credentials". Next, click on the access keys section to expand it and then "Create New Access Key". Rename the .csv file to something other than credentials.csv when you save it. Once you have the keys, enter them into the corresponding fields in the CloudMail file.

I have just created a new access key in AWS and input the data into CouldMail settings and here is the error message I got after clicking on "Test". Where do I go from here? 

As for the invalid settings in Couldmail making  Filemaker crash, maybe you should have some time-out function in the opening script that lets you exit the without making Filemaker crash.

Couldmail_error.jpg

Edited by dysong3

Hi dysong3,

Can you submit your plugin logs to our support system? See this page for log locations. Be sure to replicate the error and if FileMaker crashes, do not restart FileMaker until you have send the logs as this will overwrite them. Send the logs to [email protected] and reference this thread.

Just to update this thread in case someone else is having this issue. The error happens when using keys generated for IAM user that does not have the permissions to make the API calls that CloudMail makes. To solve this issue, attach the "AdministratorAccess" policy to that IAM user and then hit test. This will allow CloudMail to run through the setup process with the permissions needed. Once you have done that, you can remove the AdministratorAccess policy from the IAM user and attach the newly created "CloudMail_Policy" . Once this policy has been created you will not need to give Admin access to any other IAM users as the CloudMail_Policy should have sufficient permissions for use with CloudMail. 

Edited by ryan360Works
additional instructions

This topic is 2753 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.