FM Starting Point - am I missing something?

This topic is 2754 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Guys,

So, I've downloaded Starting Point and also bought the video.

The reason I did both was so that I could look 'under the hood' at Starting Point and understand whats going on.

As I've started to investigate, I have noticed references to T01 or T14, which appear to be Tables not in view. 

Can anyone confirm that my assumption is correct - or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Neil

Hi Neil,

So I just checked the current Master file for distribution:
So the T01 is accounts.  T14 is Preferences.  I am not sure what you mean by Tables not in View.   There are a number of Layouts thats are tied to these tables.  Although their function is VERY different.

Maybe you mean that the Anchors... are not identical with each Table Occurrence Group (TOG)?   If that is the question,  we built Buoy's onto the Anchor as we needed them, so the Buoys that attached to the Anchors vary from TOG to TOG.  make sense?

I would recommend watching more of the overview videos in the 0200 section of videos.  We discuss the idea of Preferences... and we also touch on Accounts, etc.

All the best,

Richard Carlton

T05_CON_Contacts is the name of the table

T05(x) is a "Table Occurrence" in essence, a Table Occurrence (TO) is a duplication of a particular table used for a specific purpose, mostly, for relationships.

For more information on the topic, you can read here: https://community.filemaker.com/thread/127118

Additionally, you should watch our "Anchor Buoy Methodology" videos in the course you purchased. They are videos #1130-1131

Thanks,

Jonathan Hogle

This topic is 2754 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.