Downloaded .wav files into interactive container field only show up as icon

Ron911

This topic is 2753 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm creating a script where I login with SFTP into an Asterisk/LInux PC to download voice files and voice mails and import them into a FileMaker solution.

Use the FTPeek plugin. Login goes fine, collect filepath from the cdr table, download file with SetField  and FTPeek_DownloadFileToContainer( filepath )

Everything works fine, accept instead of an interactive container, I get only the icon. When I drag the file out and in the container again, everything works fine.

I can't think of anything I did wrong but can't solve this issue and yes I set the container field to "interactive container" in the Instpector/Data/Data formatting :-)

I did read the documentation and searched the forum, saw one other posting on this issue, but no solution.

Thanks for your effort!

Ron

A couple of thoughts - what happens if you double-click on the container?

And it may be that something isn't getting set quite right - can you try a script that Exports Field Contents to the Temp directory, and then re-inserts, to see if that does the same as your drag out and in from the container?

I believe this issue has been resolved in our support system. For those having similar issues, inserting the file directly into the container does not work as FileMaker will treat it as a "file" regardless of the type of file it is. You will need to download the file to some known directory and then add the script step specific to the file type you are trying to insert. For this instance you would use the "Insert Audio/Video" script step. 

• Newbies

As mentioned in my original posting, dragging out and into the field, triggers the interactive preview of the container field.

The problem is that the Set Field function, somehow doesn't trigger the Interactive preview. 

The download  to a temp folder and import the file with the Insert Audio/Video function, is a workaround.

Problem with this workaround is, the insert function is not supported by the server, so I can't run the script on a schedule from the server, which is really what you want on a script type like this.

For now it seems the only workaround.

Maybe it's an idea for 360Works to make some kind of combined function which download and insert the file (deletes the temp file), but can run from the server.

I will try some other plug ins and more. If any interesting results I will let you know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Hi everybody,

Thx for your help in my effort to get my voice files from a remote Asterisk Linux machine into my Filemaker solution!

In short this is how i got things to work. With help of the 360 Works FTPeek plugin.

With FTPeek_ConnectFTPS  connect to the remote host.

With FTPeek_DownloadFile download the file to a temp location.

With insert Audio/Video FileMaker Function import the file into your solution.

With FTPeek_DeleteLocal delete the local file.

We installed a MacMini and ran the script every 15 minutes during working hours.

Thx again, till next time!

Ron

This topic is 2753 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.