Ongoing FM vs Acrobat .TMP font issue

vanderark1

This topic is 2743 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This pertains to a known issue with FM on Windows, where the fonts in a solution change to a .TMP font due to printing to PDF.

https://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15419/

I posted about this issue a long time ago, got the fix from the FM Knowledgebase (delete a file and restart).  That fixes it temporarily - but it returns about once per week or two.

I upgraded to FM15 hoping that would fix it for good, but it's happening again.

I use FM15 Advanced, Windows 7 Professional, Acrobat X (and XI on another PC - it happens on BOTH).  I don't have Adobe Reader installed on either PC.

Filemaker's answer as recently as a week ago is that the Knowledgebase article is up to date and still valid:

https://community.filemaker.com/thread/165148

This issue is making FM unusable as we can't predict it and when it happens the only fix seems to be shutting everything down, removing the FNTCACHE.DAT file and restarting.  This is simply not practical.

Does anyone have any ideas for a fix?  Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me could suggest something outside of FM?  Maybe a Windows script that deletes FNTCACHE.DAT on login and logout of Windows?

Any ideas are very much appreciated!

Thanks Josh - I did create a batch file that runs at startup to delete the .tmp file.  The thing is, that file shouldn't be there.  Not sure if it will help until I get the issue again.

FM says it's Adobe's issue - Reader (and full Acrobat since that's what I have) isn't deleting the .tmp file.  I haven't seen it affect any other app, but FM says it does.

It happens in my solution and in demo solutions I downloaded today - so I don't think it's related to my particular solution.

This topic is 2743 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.