multi field search

This topic is 2741 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

i am a doctor making clinical management solution for my own usage

below are browse mode and layout mode pics

dialy i see many patient but want to find out what drugs are used mostly by me

N1, N1COPY , N1COPY2 ETC ARE DRUG NAMES FIELDS

CAN ANYONE HELP ME TO SCRIPT SO THAT WHEN I TYPE DRUG NAME IT SHOULD SEARC ALL N1 COPY TO N1 COPY9 FILEDS AND SHOW ME THE RESULT PLEASE EXPERTS PLEASE

2016-09-25 10_32_06-FileMaker Pro Advanced - [GKRs-PRESCRIP].png

2016-09-25 10_32_38-FileMaker Pro Advanced - [GKRs-PRESCRIP].png

You cannot get the result you want with your existing data structure.

You will need to learn some basic design skills for normalized database structure.

The fields TY1, N1, D1 etc should be in a separate, related table.

Then all the additional rows just become additional records in the related "child" table.

Fields TY1 Copy, N1 Copy, etc should not exist.

Thanks a lot lot

6 hours ago, comment said:

Actually, they can: http://fmforums.com/topic/65087-search-multiple-fields/

But they shouldn't.

million thanks sir :)  posted pic below u made my day

i have one request sir i just want theres a step in ur example file i removed it pause/resume script indefinitely

and i want the fileds where my g search criteria is there and gets filled with predefined color is it possible ??? please help

added new pic but script is paused hope its not there and shows result ??

216.png

2016-09-26 19_54_37-FileMaker Pro Advanced - [GKRs-PRESCRIP].png

Edited by Dr.Gopala krishnam raju AMBATI

12 minutes ago, Dr.Gopala krishnam raju AMBATI said:

instead of showing only that word showing entire record data

That's how Filemaker's search works: it finds records. To get what you want, you will need to change your structure so that each prescribed item is a separate record. You probably should have a structure similar to an invoicing solution:

Patients (Customers) -< Prescriptions (Invoices) -< Dosages (LineItems) >- Drugs (Products)

10 minutes ago, comment said:

That's how Filemaker's search works: it finds records. To get what you want, you will need to change your structure so that each prescribed item is a separate record. You probably should have a structure similar to an invoicing solution:

Patients (Customers) -< Prescriptions (Invoices) -< Dosages (LineItems) >- Drugs (Products)

1st pic is before script pause showing 11 and script continue showing 9 records sir ???? confused :(

but in ur example file before and after showing 4 ??

2016-09-26 20_10_55-FileMaker Pro Advanced - [GKRs-PRESCRIP].png

2016-09-26 20_11_06-FileMaker Pro Advanced - [GKRs-PRESCRIP].png

Sorry, I don't follow. You say you have changed my script, so if you're getting different results, it's only to be expected.

Anyway, I would advise you to focus on restructuring your data as suggested, because even if you manage to solve this issue somehow, you will run into many others - all caused by your inadequate data model.

I cannot access your file.  Why not post a screen shot of your graph?  We can tell from that if you are restructuring as needed and as suggested by Comment and BruceR.  :-)

Edited by LaRetta

25 minutes ago, LaRetta said:

I cannot access your file.  Why not post a screen shot of your graph?  We can tell from that if you are restructuring as needed and as suggested by Comment and BruceR.  :-)

cannot access mean isnt it opening

I have tried many combinations of account 'my guest' 'guest' etc and 'password' as the password and cannot get in - it is invalid account and password.

Edited by LaRetta

I need to see if you are making the relational changes suggested.  If not then it does me no good to get into your file anyway.  I cannot help you if you have improper structure or if you are not at least moving that direction. Are you ignoring what has been said about your structure?  Have you even reviewed the link provided?

That did not work.  I'm done.  I suggest that you listen to suggestions made and change your file structure.

11 minutes ago, LaRetta said:

I need to see if you are making the relational changes suggested.  If not then it does me no good to get into your file anyway.  I cannot help you if you have improper structure or if you are not at least moving that direction. Are you ignoring what has been said about your structure?  Have you even reviewed the link provided?

That did not work.  I'm done.  I suggest that you listen to suggestions made and change your file structure.

suggestions of fmforums wat m concerned the most few yrs ago u helped now m in this stage made my own solutions u dont remember me , but i am since couple of yrs

perfectly running without any hassle "comment" completed the final step :)

2016-09-26 22_56_38-Manage Database for “GKRs-PRESCRIP”.png

Oh, I do remember you.  I am giving you benefit of the doubt and trying to again steer you onto correct path but it seems you have not listened ... then or now.  Your graph does not show the fields in the tables.  I want to see your fields.  I want to see if your fields are still named with numbers after them.

I again repeat the suggestions made by other professional developers.  

Edited by LaRetta

"perfectly running..."

Except that you cannot execute the reports you want. And you're not listening.

You're a doctor. It's not your field. Hire a competent developer.

9 hours ago, comment said:

Actually, they can: http://fmforums.com/topic/65087-search-multiple-fields/

But they shouldn't.

thanks sir for ur help ,  ur suggestion finalised my work today i understood what u said i have everyithing in place structured and related :)

@bruce u said not possible i made it possible by comment :)

2016-09-26 23_25_44-multi field search - Finding & Searching - FMForums.com.png

If it was structured and related then you would not need to search multiple fields.

That is what EVERYBODY here has told you. You're arguing with experts.

It's clearly not your area of expertise. Hire a competent developer. 

This topic is 2741 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.