What on Earth is a "SAXParseException" on a DDR? I cannot generate a DDR!

This topic is 2758 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

YIKES!  I tried to generate a DDR for my solution and got the following error:  

SAXParseException:  Invalid character 0x12 in attribute value 'PlatformType' (Occurred in entity C:/Users\guys\AppData\Local\Temp\FMTEMPFM5128_4.tmp', at lime 24503, column 981.)  I have attached a screenshot for clarity.  The PlatformType bit is interesting as I work on the file at my office on a PC (Windows 10) and at home on a Mac (OS X Sierra).

I clicked the OK Button three times and a DDR popped up, but only contained the Report Overview Page:  The correct amounts of Tables, Relationships, etc. showed up, but none of the links work:  It's an empty DDR.

After shutting down FMP, reopening the file and trying again, I received the same error except the "FMTEMPFM5128_4.tmp" changed slightly to "FMTEMPFM5128_6.tmp".  (the 6 replaced the 4)

I am, as usual, clueless - any ideas out there?

Thanks,

Guy

SAX Parse Exception 092916.pdf

Look at the XML that it did generate and trace it back from the end; from that you should be able to determine what element causes the parsing error.  Could be on a layout where you can either delete the layout or elements of it until the problem does not happen anymore.

I've seen this happen for instance with corrupted graphics on the layout, or portals in the footer...

• Like 1

I presume you are generating an HTML DDR. Do you get the same error if you try to generate XML?

You should also try and reduce the possible problematic area by including only one element in the DDR until you find the one that's causing the problem.

Edited by comment
  • Like 1

Thanks, Gentlemen:  Turns out the problem was a layout that "lost" its association to a Table - once I reassigned the table, everything worked as expected.

Your knowledge and assistance are greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Guy

This topic is 2758 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.