Portal sometimes functions and sometimes not

sinisa93

This topic is 2722 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi!

I have one portal problem that I simply don't understand. I have a layout with two sets of 3 portals. First set displays different data from related table 1 & second set from related table 2. First set of portals works fine. The second set also works fine except on one particular record. What is even more strange is that from 3 portals of second set, one portal always works on that record, second never and third started to work only after I recreated the record! This problematic record does not have any problems with first set of portals. Also, data of this record is not different from data of other records.

I'm not sure what to do. If I judge by other records there is no problem with the relationship or portal setup because it works fine on other records. Any ideas?

10 hours ago, sinisa93 said:

First set of portals works fine. The second set also works fine except on one particular record. What is even more strange is that from 3 portals of second set, one portal always works on that record, second never and third started to work only after I recreated the record!

Hi,

We can assume the computer is doing the logical thing, even if it doesn't seem so.   :wink3:

Your first paragraph felt like a complex riddle, sorry.  I suggest we solve one specific problem first and the other problems will then probably become evident and you'll know how to fix them also.  

It would help us assess the issue if we could see your graph or file but you might be dealing with a few different issues.  It should be fairly easy to pin down since we know at least one record has inconsistent data in a field used in the relationship compared to the other records, so we need to know which fields  ( and their data-types ) are the keys between the parent (main layout) and the child (portal).  

If you wish, a screen shot of your graph ( only showing the table occurrences which represent the portals and the parent layout ) would be good and be sure to expand the table occurrence so we see the key field names along with telling us the data types of all keys in those relationships.  Then we'll look at the data in those relational key fields in the record which doesn't work and see how the data is different.  :smile3:

Edited by LaRetta

This topic is 2722 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.