Current product offerings

This topic is 2724 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I didn't see any subforum that's specifically devoted to FileMaker as a product. If this is in the wrong place, sorry in advance and feel free to shush or move me.

It's a few years since I spent money on FileMaker, but I'm considering recommending it to a public library and am bewildered by the current store offerings.

I expected to find renewable annual licenses for 4 or 5 seats of FMP, 1 of FM Advanced, and then talk about the pluses and minuses of hosting on 1 seat of FMS.

Instead, I'm finding group subscriptions, no mention of Advanced, but something else called Developer.

Can anyone point me to a rundown of FMP's current suite of offerings?

The FileMaker platform these days consists of:

- FileMaker Pro (rich client, Windows and Mac)

- FileMaker Pro Advanced (rich client + developer features, Windows and Mac)

- FileMaker Go (rich client, iOS)

- FileMaker Server (Mac and Windows)

- FileMaker WebDirect (web app, built into FMS)

- FileMaker Cloud (AWS FMS appliance, subset of FMS features)

Those are the products, these are offered in various types of licensing.  If you go to store.filemaker.com you'll see that they have their new "for teams" licensing offering front and center.  Those consist of one FMS plus a number of client connections (that cover all client types).  There is no FileMaker Pro Advanced included with those.  You need to buy/license that separately.

You do not have to go with their "for teams" offering, you can still buy licenses indvidually or in groups.  For that pricing click on the "legacy licensing options" in the big blue bar.

This topic is 2724 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.