Error from server: Index: 0, Size: 0

This topic is 2577 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

"Error from server: Index: 0, Size: 0"

- This error now comes up whenever a sync is attempted.  It began after the configuration was changed to include a table that previously was not being sync'd. 

- The client iPad still is using the previous version of my file.  The error is coming up when attempting to sync before replacing the iPad file with an updated copy from the server.  Besides my test iPad, we have 21 in production.

- The log shows a warning is thrown when that table cannot be found, even though the table does exist on the iPad client file.

- After that in the log I'm not seeing anything amiss until all the NodeGroups are created for the tables in this solution.  Then it appears that the process creates the sync result message for the email and then begins to stop the process.

- Here's what the result email says...

"Nov 12, 2016 6:45:05 PM com.prosc.mirror.config.server.SyncServer$3 call
SEVERE: Sync between <my server's internal IP> / <my solution> (FileMaker Server) and Patrick's iPad's Go_iPad 14.0.4( username 'mirrorsync', running Go_iPad 14.0.4 on <client iPad's IP>, ping time: 210 ms, machine name: 'Patrick's iPad' )
Last sync failed: com.prosc.sync.AbortException: Index: 0, Size: 0

What did I do wrong when creating the configuration that would cause this error?

Just confirmed that the problem has to do with the table newly added to the configuration... 

- Edited the configuration to no include table.  After this, old clients can sync.  But of course the new table is not syncing.

- Added the extra table back into the configuration, this time without including its foreign key in the mapping.  (It is a table of child records.)  A sync from an old client throws the same "Error from server: Index: 0, Size: 0"

What can I do to include this new table without getting that error message.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for this.

Got this error message this morning too.

I removed the newly added table from the config and it solved the problem.

It appears fmphost does not have this 2.6009 version (the version is 2.6)

We really need to upgrade to v3 !

This topic is 2577 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.