Import records script - error message problem

This topic is 2698 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have an FM flat file Club management database held in a Dropbox folder with one administrator and four users who work on the file.  Tables include Members and Tuition. These are related.  In the Members table there is layout  records for members attendance at meetings.  In the Tuition table there is a layout comprising records for tuition sessions and attendance.  In certain circumstances we need to add member Attendance records to the Tuition layout.  This is activated by a script.  One of the script steps I "Import Records" within this "Specify Data Source"  is set to Specify File "file:xxxxx.fmp12".  The problem is that when the script is run it throws up an error message part way through "file could not be found and is required to complete this operation".  Clicking on the file in Dropbox clears the message and the script then completes the task as intended.  My question is how can I eliminate this message and the need for manual intervention?  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Sandersb and welcome to the FM Forums,

57 minutes ago, sandersb said:

I have an FM flat file Club management database held in a Dropbox folder with one administrator and four users who work on the file.

That is a bad idea. This can cause corruption in your file.

The great thing about the FM Forums is you can post exhibits. If you haven’t read this article Anatomy of a Good Topic, please do so now. It will give you some good information on how to post a question in the Forums.

Lee

This topic is 2698 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.