Aussie John

Backup script error and corrupt files

4 posts in this topic

Hello all. I am running the FMS 14 backup scripts to a custom folder on the same disk as the Filemaker install. There are a number of errors generated.

1. Schedule window Status says "permission denied" 
  2. Main Status window say "Schedule "Daily" aborted; the destination "filemac:/server HD/fmsbak/" is not writable."
  3. Folders ARE created the backup databases but some files are corrupted (although others not)
  4. The backup folders do not delete after the schedule number of backups.
  5. And only recently I can't change the folder path as nothing happens if I validate or save and to log out I have to revert.

Any help with this would be terrific. Thanks

You need to manually change the permissions on the custom folder before you can set it in the FMS admin console.  Owner has to be 'fmserver' of group 'fmsadmin' with read/write/delete privs.  You can do this from the Terminal with the chown/chmod commands.  Or you can use a free tool like BatchMod.

#3 and 4 I don't understand.  If the permissions are off then FMS can't backup there.  How do you determine that the files that are there are corrupt?

Hi Wim some of the backed up files won't open (file size in KB not MB)

Setting the permissions for the source and the destination fixed things - thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Richard Fincher
      Hi all,

I recently upgraded my Filemaker Server 13 to Filemaker Server 14.
      To get the new version to install, I had to downgrade my Java8 from u113 to u67 (separately installing the old Java version, not allowing the FMS installer to install Java itself).  I also had to fiddle around to make sure it was running the httpd which comes with FMS and not the one bundled with Mac OS X El Capitan.
      My question is, am I now save to upgrade Java back to the latest version.  I'm not anticipating needing to install FMS14 anytime soon, but does the "Deployment" part of FMS use Java, and if so, is it similar fussy about which version?
    • By milanm
      Has anyone had the following issue and might have a quick fix. I migrated client files from FM Server 13 residing on Mac Server to FM Server 14 residing on Windows Server. All went very well except one thing, which i would be grateful if someone could help me on.   PREVIOUS STATE   - The client had his files hosted on OX platform and with FileMaker 13 Server. - There is a container field in the records that would contain pdf files, these are 1 or more pages document files. - When the user dragged the file into the container field it would display as page thumbnail BOTH on Mac and Windows.   AFTER THE MIGRATION TO WINDOWS SERVER   - files still display thumbnails when dragged on MAC - the files are displaying FILE ICON when dragged into the container on WINDOWS.   Tech boards are suggesting that Windows can not insert the file as picture into the FM container field, but there it happened before. Does anyone have any isight on this behaviour, is it documented anywhere? Thank you
    • By wattmhite
      Hi All,
      I have filmmaker server 15 deployed at my office with high speed TWC Static IP address. I've opened up all the ports per filmmaker instructions but I cannot connect from my home network and all of my 8 employees on their own home networks cannot connect either. Any thoughts or possible solutions to try?
      Thank you!

• By dkey
      Hello
      Is there a way to reduce the speed of a voice reading a text field using the
      SPEAK script?
      I'm using the 
      Daniel
      UK ENGLISH voice

Thanks
    • By Wayne Irvine
      I want to start at 1 for the next quarter, but it is currently 13 days before the end of this quarter. Logically I could start auto-enter serial at -13 and incrememtn by 1. So the first record would be -13, then -12 etc.
      Doesn't seem to like it. First record is -13, second is -14.
      Is this a bug, a feature, or known behaviour?