Export XML Formatting

This topic is 2633 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to export my records data in a specific XML format. What is the best way to do this, configure a layout in the way I would like the data exported or?

Please see pictures - thanks!

thisistheformatIneed.jpeg

You need an XSLT stylesheet that will transform the export from one of Filemaker's XML grammars (either FPMXMLRESULT or FMPDSORESULT) to the target XML schema. This transformation happens during the export. The layout has very little to do this, except for the option to format some exported fields (e.g. dates or numbers) the way they are formatted on the layout.

I am afraid that without seeing how your database fields map to the target XML there's not much more than can be said.

There are numerous examples of XSLT stylesheets posted here - mostly by Fenton and by me.

See also: http://www.filemaker.com/help/15/fmp/en/#page/FMP_Help%2Fxml-format.html%23

Edited by comment

@wattmhite if you are on a mac http://xmplifyapp.com may or may not ease the work of making an XSLT aka stylesheet that @comment proposes you make. It works fine for 14 days without a license.

I also do recommend you make 1 XML export from FileMaker with sample data and test your XSLT using xsltproc in iTerm2.app or Terminal.app

I have built integrations between FileMaker and several formats( most of them using XML, ) feel free to PM.

Edited by ggt667

This topic is 2633 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.