Server Maintenance This Week. ×

When does FileMaker 11 Pro Advanced install in macOS Sierra? And when not?

ggt667

This topic is 2668 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a MacMini running macOS Sierra with FM11PA that works; however this FM11PA was installed when there was MacOS X 10.10 on the MacMini.

Attempting to install FM11PA on my MB15R fails, well the installer appears to work fine( as pr attached image, ) but launching the app( as pr attached image ) tells me somebody has been fiddling with the installation and that I have to reinstall the application.

Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 20.12.22.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 20.12.05.png

The installer will indeed not run correctly on Sierra, this appears to be due to the installation package not being compatible with the new installer application.

One of the symptoms is that the serial number entry part of the installation script is skipped.

Installing on a machine with an older MacOS and then dragging the application over to the machine running Sierra seems to work OK though, just like having Filemaker 11 installed before upgrading to Sierra.

Edited by ernst

16 hours ago, ernst said:

Installing on a machine with an older MacOS and then dragging the application over to the machine running Sierra seems to work OK though, just like having Filemaker 11 installed before upgrading to Sierra.

I tried copying a working FM11PA application and ~/Library/FileMaker from Mavericks and receive the same error as above after dragging in the app to Sierra.

This work for me

1. In /Applications folder of the system running Mavericks compress FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced

2. Copy the archive and the ~/Library/Application\ Support/FileMaker folder to the sierra system's /Applications and Application Support folder respectively

3. Decompress

4. Launch

For some reason copying the folder did not.

Edited by ggt667

This topic is 2668 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.