Button to create record on another table

Josh M

This topic is 2657 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Good evening,

I'm sure this is basic, but I'm just getting started. I have a table (I'll call this Master) that contains our customer list with a main billing address for each account. Each of these also has unique ID field in the table. Each our customers may have multiple locations, so I've created another table to contain the site names, address, etc. each of those records also has a unique ID that is linked to the unique ID in the "Master" table. I've created a portal view on the on the Master record layout that will show each site associated with that Master ID from the other table. This is working.

I'd like to be able to click on each record in the portal and have that open the appropriate record on the Sites layout.

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks!

Edited by Josh M

• Newbies
6 minutes ago, Steve Martino said:

You can simply put a button on the portal row, set the button to go to related record.

How do I get those buttons to automatically show up on each row of the portal data? How to have that button know which row to get it's "goto" record from?

4 minutes ago, Josh M said:

How do I get those buttons to automatically show up on each row of the portal data? How to have that button know which row to get it's "goto" record from?

OK, I figured out how to place the button. I'm still stuck on getting to pull up the record on the associated layout.

12 minutes ago, Josh M said:

OK, I figured out how to place the button. I'm still stuck on getting to pull up the record on the associated layout.

Figured it out. Thanks for sending me in the right direction.

This topic is 2657 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.