How to get access database

This topic is 2648 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hi

i cant understand very well how to push from access or pull from fm. what i did is create import access data to filmaker using import record - odbc. and i need to everytime. and i try to use relationship table. result is not supported. i have try this before on mysql and it works.. can u pls describe in detail.

secod is... access have a field named photo where the pic saved and when i import record the pic export to container... result is 'untitled dat'

thanks in advance

MyKadData.zip

10 hours ago, sri tekukur said:

hi

what i did is create import access data to filmaker using import record - odbc.

That is the right way to do it if you want to pull from FM. 

Does the import work at all?  If not what is the error message?

10 hours ago, sri tekukur said:

hi

. and i need to everytime. and i try to use relationship table. result is not supported.

This I do not understand.

"Everytime" -> are you saying that you do the import manually and want to automate it?  If so you need to build a script that does the import for you.

"I try to use relationship table" --> that doesn't make sense based on what you have already described.  Are you trying to use the FM ESS feature (instead of the Import feature)?  If you are trying to use ESS then it will not work.  Access is not a supported ESS data source.

I already write a script importing data from access. What i need is only the current record from access db to my fm solution..every time i hit the import recod script and all the records in access goes to fm. Can we specify in script that only the certain records goes to fm.

tqvm 

You can define a SQL query in the FM import script step to isolate the record(s) you want: http://www.filemaker.com/help/13/fmp/en/html/odbc_ess.20.13.html

If that is not easy to do from the FM side then you may need to push the data from Access to FM through FM's ODBC interface.

This topic is 2648 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.