Can't create pdf

This topic is 2561 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

FM won’t create a pdf file. When I use File/Save records as/pdf I get the error message “File could not be created on this disk. Use a different name, make more room on the disk, unlock it or use a different disk”

I have no trouble creating files from other apps and the disk has many GB of storage available. Further, the disk is not locked. I try different file names, but get the same error.

• 1 month later...

I get the same thing on 1 user. All other users, it works fine. This particular one, won't even do a "save record as" right from the file menu - non-scripted. Other users in his department, with the same permissions, in the same group have no problem. We are all on the latest, FM 15, (15.0.3) and using Windows 7. It's isolated to 1 user only. I've read it could be a font issue, or an Outlook plugin, which I've checked, even replaced the font "Ariel" with my own, and the same thing happens. Also, on the latest Acrobat DC reader, that was also updated. It's any layout, any record. Any ideas what would cause this on 1 user?

Thanks for any leads!

Karen

Figured out what it was. I tested this by creating a duplicate layout all with a different font. The original layout was all in Arial. I duplicated the layout and selected all the text to be Verdana. The PDF created correctly and worked in the script correctly. Copied the Airal fonts from my system to his, replacing them. The original layout then worked fine. I can only determine it was a corrupted font, or a missing one from the Arial family. 

Hope this helps someone else running into this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 2561 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.