FMEasySync: Server Database Corrupted - What's the best way to rebuild from clients?

This topic is 2622 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Somehow my current and last 7 backups are corrupted and unable to be recovered via FM. Ugh.

What's the best way to rebuild the server database from the clients' data such that it's minimal impact to clients? Anyone have step-by-step instructions to reseed the database client data and make sure everything gets synced properly?

Edited by GisMo

Not sure what you mean by 'reseed the database' & 'sync'

Is this a solution that syncs data between two locations?  If so, which of the two location has the corrupt solution?

More often than not a FM file will get corrupted because something is wrong in the deployment itself, so spend enough time on that to verify that everything is up to best practices otherwise your newly rebuilt files may just suffer the same fate again.

3 hours ago, Wim Decorte said:

Not sure what you mean by 'reseed the database' & 'sync'

Is this a solution that syncs data between two locations?  If so, which of the two location has the corrupt solution?

More often than not a FM file will get corrupted because something is wrong in the deployment itself, so spend enough time on that to verify that everything is up to best practices otherwise your newly rebuilt files may just suffer the same fate again.

Hey Wim,

This is FMEasySync; records are synchronized between a client and hosted database. This is a solution that has been working for over a year with multiple clients. The server database is corrupted and I think my root cause is related to something outside of the solution itself. A HD on the server had health after doing some testing, so I moved all data to a newer drive.

I still need a solution for rebuilding the server database from the clients' data.

Edited by GisMo

I have 4 clients who haven't synced. I would need all 4 local databases and then merge them into one. I guess before I experiment, has anyone got any suggestions?

This topic is 2622 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.