Dynamic value list considering two fields

nexgen

This topic is 2614 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am a new filemaker user and have already checked several dynamic/conditional value list threads in this forum. However, I couldn't find the solution for my problem.

I want to show the value list according to unique date and not already entered products.

I have created a video explaining what I want to accomplish. Please check here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/js1rwex9o6a2fv5/01%20Product%20selection%20according%20to%20date.mp4?dl=0

Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

You may get more answers by just explaining what you want to have done, perhaps add some screenshots.  That lowers the barrier vs. having to download and video and watch it.  It also us to quote relevant parts of your questions to respond to.

Thanks Wim for the suggestion. I thought a short video can explain the concept much easily than in writing. Also, the video don't need to be downloaded. It can be played straight from the browser.

Let me explain my problem here as the way you suggested:

I have two tables:

Products Table

Fields:

_kp_products_id
product_name

Sales Table

Fields:

_kp_sales_id
_kf_products_id
date
sale

In sales table let's say I entered following data:

date as: 2017-01-29 and _kf_products_id as 1

now in the next record if I enter: 2017-01-29 then it shouldn't show "1" in the value list for _kf_products_id field.

How can I accomplish that?     

5 minutes ago, comment said:

I checked the file. It solves omitting already entered product but it acts on whole table. I need to omit the product list in context of the date entered. How can I do that?

46 minutes ago, nexgen said:

It solves omitting already entered product but it acts on whole table.

No, it doesn't. It acts in the context of the current contact. In your situation, that would be the current sale. And since generally it's possible to have more than one sale per day, you should rely on the SaleID rather than on a date.

You should also allow multiple products to be sold within the same sale record. For this, you will need a third table of LineItems to act as a join table between Sales and Products - see a basic demo here:
http://fmforums.com/topic/63425-auto-fill-one-field-with-text-from-two-fields/#comment-300150

This topic is 2614 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.