Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 2624 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am running a server script periodically (every hour lets say) which does some database maintenance, uploads some files, etc. I do this on a number of Filemaker Servers (latest server version running on Windows machines) without problems…except for one server. On this server I use scriptmaster to up load some large files into containers as they are generated from scientific instruments. The problem is that the server runs seems to run out of RAM memory after a "few" days. I think this is the only thing that this server does differently than the other 4 servers and feel that this is the problem. My question is…is there a way to "flush" memory used by the plugin or by the FM server. Has anyone else experienced something similar or am I barking up the wrong tree? Thanks. 

Bailey,

Restarting the FileMaker Script engine may serve as a "flush".  You can do this by using the command "fmsadmin restart fmse -y" in powershell. SMReset will clear any loaded jars, variables, and registered functions that have been stored in memory. This may free up some memory for you but you will need to reload the jars, re-register the functions if/when you need them

Edited by ryan360Works

Hmmmm. OK, Maybe I will see if restarting the script engine is needed or does the trick if SMReset doesn't. I am trying that tonight. Will report back. Thanks

And darn. I just noticed I posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry!!! Should be in the Scriptmaster forum. 

This topic is 2624 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.