Upgrading from v2 to 3

This topic is 2627 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have purchased the licence to upgrade from MIrrorSync 2 to MirrorSync 3 and have begun to install it. The configuration tool explained that the MirrorSync table and scripts were obselete and I needed to copy in the new ones, however, upon copying the scripts I get the attached error message. 

Copying the table and layout works fine, but not the scripts. 

It also worries me slightly that the application window title shows as '360Works MirrorSync Configuration: null' - is this a concern? 

I have tried re-downloading the configuration client, with no luck as yet. 

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

Lewis

Error.PNG

Hello again,

I have fixed this issue by uninstalling MirrorSync and re-installing v3

Sorry for all the fuss :)

Hi Lewis,

Glad you got figured out and thanks for updating the thread with how you fixed it!

Of note, the title at the top of the window having the "null" value is expected behavior for a new configuration. That null value will change to the name of the configuration once you complete it and go back and edit it.

• Like 1

Thank you for coming back to me, Ryan. 

As a secondary issue to this, I am struggling with getting the customisation script to work as expected. I have pasted in the appropriate script steps from before the upgrade (not all of them, just the ones for the find changes). I have also updated the spoke database customisation script to set the $$MIRRORSYNC_USERTOKEN correctly, but the sync does not seem to be taking any notice of this, it just syncs all records at the hub.

I have debugged the customisation script on the Hub and it works correctly when the $$MIRRORSYNC_USERTOKEN is set. Is there any way for me to debug whether the MIrrorSync script is calling the customisation script on the Hub correctly, and work out where this process could be going wrong?

Thank you for your help so far

Lewis

Answered via our support ticket, but for anybody else running into the same issue, the problem is probably that you're using JDBC (the default) instead of XML. JDBC is faster and generally more efficient, but to filter records with JDBC, you do it with a custom SQL qualifier in the same screen as the primary key pulldown menus. The MirrorSync customization script is totally ignored on the server when using JDBC (because JDBC cannot call scripts).

• Like 1

This topic is 2627 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.