We have reset all users FileMaker related profile fields. Please take the opportunity to update your information,  this will provide background to members whom read your posts. Click here.

Hello

We are going to take the plunge and setup a sync between our Oracle tables and 'shadow' FileMaker tables and we're seeking input.

One thing we are wondering about is a 'one-way' sync. We don't want changes to be sync'd back to Oracle. The bigger issue is that we don't want deletions in the Oracle table to be deleted in the FileMaker table. There often are children to these records we don't want deleted or orphaned.

As well, are there any gotchas we should consider? I've read the Advanced topics and feel mostly comfortable but you never know what you don't know!

Thanks, Mark

Jesse Barnum    49

Hi Mark!

You should set up a one-way sync with Oracle as the hub and FileMaker as the spoke. This will work just fine, except for the 'no deletions' part. By default, MirrorSync will always delete records in the spoke if they are deleted in the hub. The best (only) way to fix this is to sync using a privilege set in FileMaker that does not allow deletions.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By losferwords@outgun.com
      I've been working with SQL databases for about 12 years now, and have stumbled across this monstrosity in a new position - and I really don't get the translation between Filemaker and SQL.

This should work according to the documentation:
      ExecuteSQL ( " SELECT Customer_EVENT::Inv_dollars )  FROM Customer_Event WHERE Customer_EVENT::FlagReview = \" " ; "" ; "" )
      ...or something. I really can't even get a simple SQL Statement just pulling anything more than 1 field to work. Is there a reference out there (not Filemaker or FM14 Bible) that actually explains in detail WHY FQL statements are made the way they are and how each piece interacts?
      I'm not sure I can do this with a calculation, but it's entirely possible. I'm just trying to get a SUM on a certain set of records to display SOMEWHERE in a layout. The fields are from a related table, but have nothing to do with the related records. It's just a way to SUM the objects in a portal by "filtering" the amount.

• By Hrcap
      Greetings All

I am looking to add a line into the following code into the 'prepare payload for client' section to select only records that match the following criteria
      I have a variable set called: $additional_settings The field that needs to match with $additional_settings is called _kf_uuid_companys the code that i have already is as follows, i need to add a line into this code to pick records where the field _kf_uuid_companys matches $additional Settings.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated:

"SELECT "
      & $dyn_sql & ", '"
      & $$record_delimiter & "'"
      & " FROM \\"" & $sync_table & "\\""
      & " WHERE " &

// Exclude records flagged for sync exclusion.
      "( COALESCE ( BS_Exclude, 0 ) = 0 ) " &

// If the client is merging new/updated data with data already on the device...
      // Only include records that have been added/updated since the last pull...
      // And only include data that they did not just push (i.e. no "round tripping!")...

If ( ( $$sync_method = "Merge" )
      and
      ( $last_pull_utc > 0 ) ;

"AND ( BS_UTC_Time > " & $last_pull_utc & " ) " &

"AND ( COALESCE ( BS_Device_ID, 'X' ) <> '" & $client_persistent_id & "') "; "" )
    • By sal88
      Hi all
      I'm trying to find the Client that has the most Job time over the last 30 days, divided by the number of seats that they have. The tables are:
      Clients
      Client_ID, Seats
      Jobs
      Client_IDF, Job_time, Job_Date
      The best I've managed so far is to find the distinct Client_IDF from all Jobs:
      ExecuteSQL ( "SELECT DISTINCT j.log_client_IDF FROM Jobs J WHERE j.Log_date >= ?"; ""; "";  $date_30_days_ago) And then loop through the list and perform the 'divide by seats' calculation for each line
      Or to do something similar but from the Clients table:
      ExecuteSQL ( "SELECT SUM (j.labour_units), c.Name FROM Clients C JOIN Jobs J ON j.log_client_IDF = c.Client_ID WHERE l.Log_date >= ?"; ""; ""; $date_30_days_ago) But no joy in either case when it comes to actually performing calculations within SQL.
      Is this possible in FM SQL?
      Many thanks
    • By scain101
      I need some help with ExecuteSQL.

I have a TO “Sales” that is related to Estimates, Inspections, and Proposals via ID_SALES:id_sales.

I created some simple ExecuteSQL calculations that work on Estimates and Inspections, but the same calculations will not work with the related Proposals TO. 

·         I know that the relationship is good because I can get the SUM and COUNT from Proposals with a basic calculation (not ExecuteSQL).

·         I know there is not a problem with the name on the related Proposals TO (like a space between words). I've copied and pasted the working calculations and I have started from scratch, and neither works.

This statement works:

ExecuteSQL ( "SELECT COUNT

(ID_ESTIMATES) FROM TO40_ESTIMATES

WHERE ID_SALES = ? “ ;

"" ; "" ;

TO13_sales_ESTIMATES||id_sales::id_sales )

---

This statement does not work:

ExecuteSQL ( " SELECT COUNT

(ID_PROPOSAL) FROM TO26_PROPOSALS

WHERE ID_SALES = ? ";

"" ; "" ;

TO13_sales_PROPOSALS||id_sales::id_sales)

Any help would be appreciated.

SC

• By Ben Moore
      I am trying to create a list of dates from multiple tables to create a gantt chart.  My projects have Shipping dates, Installation dates and task item dates.  Each of which come from their own tables.  Is there a good way to import all of these dates into one table related to the project, each with it's own record of Start date and end date.
      I'd rather have:
      Project | Item | Start_Date | End_Date|
      than:
      Project | Install_Start_Date | Install_End_Date| Ship_date | Ship_Arrive_Date | Task_Start_Date | Task_End_date