Map Directions (fmEasyMap)

This topic is 2597 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying in vein to incorporate google map directions into Tim Dietrich's EasyMaps, and have tried about a dozen or more methods, none of which seem to work.

Basically, I work with a not-for-profit that buses minors home after some after school activities, that typically finish around 11pm.  To make life easy for the bus driver, I'm hoping to be able to generate the map with directions, and then email it directly to the bus driver, who opens it up on his smart phone, and follows the directions.

As I said, I've tried a number of methods, and none of them are working for me.  Being a not for profit, spending on operations like Seedcode's ProMaps is out of the question due to cost.

Has anyone, or does anyone know how to modify EasyMaps so that it will be able to give me directions, and then send those directions to another person?

at the very least, we'd like to be able to send map with multiple points across, but everything would be ideal.

Appreciate the help.

If you're driver is already looking at the information on a smart phone, it's better to hand-off each destination to a navigation app than to generate the directions in FileMaker. This blog post describes how (at least on an iOS device). FileMaker can still maintain the order of destinations, and the Google and MapQuest APIs both include solutions to the traveling salesman problem that you can use in FileMaker to determine what the order of destinations should be.

6 hours ago, jbante said:

If you're driver is already looking at the information on a smart phone, it's better to hand-off each destination to a navigation app than to generate the directions in FileMaker. This blog post describes how (at least on an iOS device). FileMaker can still maintain the order of destinations, and the Google and MapQuest APIs both include solutions to the traveling salesman problem that you can use in FileMaker to determine what the order of destinations should be.

Thanks for the reply, but I was hoping that it would be possible to generate the entire journey, with the same origin and destination, and then create a URL that can be sent to the driver to give him the directions.

I might go and have a look at the API, which I'm not very experienced in at all, and see if I can figure it out.

This topic is 2597 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.