WF7A

Export with filename

2 posts in this topic

Howdy, all:

I'm looking through the documentation and the forum here, but I can't see a way to export records using a scripted filename in FM Go. If I'm not mistaken, it only allows you to use the file's name.

What I'd like the user to be able to do is fire a script that exports a table's records using the table's name as the filename.

TIA for your help!

You can set the $exportPath and give the export file any name you wish.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By tomp
      We are having an issue with the ipad occasionally getting a 'host not found'.
      The 'external data sources' have the proper IP address of the host computer, but even with the ipad right next to it, the 'host not found' message occurs.

Is there a way to make a hard connection between the ipad and the host for filemaker-sharing?
    • By reynir
      Hi
      I updated my solution to FileMaker Pro 16 and FileMaker Go 16 and after that the script step Insert from Device (Type:Camera). Now FileMaker Go comes with the screeen "Files on iPad" and "No files available". When I press cancel the script continues and opens the camera. This does not happen in FileMaker 13 and 14.
      Other thing that I noticed is that the Go To Portal Row > By calculation does not work as it does in FileMaker 13-14. Frustrating.
      Any workaround?
      Regards,
      Reynir
      Iceland

Hi again
      The second problem is solved. I inserted "Refresh Window" before the script step "Go To Portal Row" and that did the trick.
      Regards,
      Reynir.
    • By tomp
      I have an FM  GO application that opens and runs on one ipad but not on another.
      What might be the issue?
      FM GO just spins when trying to open the file; other files provided with FM GO (e,g, contacts.fmp12) open just fine.
    • By tom robinson
      I've been testing a  FM14 file  on FMgo15 and when a layout is displayed I find no selection icons     or   ?
      how to choose another layout without a scripted button ?

• By Goons
      Really new to using FileMaker Go 15 and can't seem to find the way to copy files to the device so I can input data while offline.