Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Clear Modified States

Dr. Evil

This topic is 2618 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Can you clear a style of the Hover, Pressed, Etc. state?
If I understand correctly, button Hover, Pressed, Etc. states are not specified, then the Normal state is used throughout.
I have a button that I wish to NOT change state upon Pressed, but I can not seem to clear it, any help on this?

Thank you so much!  :devil:

I see how to edit various states. but once edited, it seems you can not 'clear' the spec. Meaning, once you have specified a characteristic of an a stare, you must always have a specified state. i want to make it un-specified, so it does not react at all to the different state. I can edit the sates to give an illusion of no reaction, but I want a true null reaction to state.

In this demo file, select button, choose [button bar: segment] > Pressed, notice that the color of fill changes. I wish to clear this, so it does not change under 'Pressed'

by default, with some preloaded themes, the 'Hover' state is not specified on a button, so there is no reaction, unless you specify one. once you specify it, you can not clear it back to 'unspecified'. So I can just go back to a default button, and create a new style if I every want to remove Hover state. But all the buttons seem to come with a preloaded 'Pressed' state, so i can not use this trick to clear the pressed state.

same here, but even the Minimalist theme has this 'Pressed' state specified. From what I can see, any and all starter themes have button specified with a 'Pressed' state.... so I can not figure out a work-around to clear the pressed state, like I can with the 'hover' state. I find it weird that, once you specify a state, you can not just clear it back to 'un-specified'. I'm going insane trying to explain this, hahaha, but it is driving me crazy! =)

On the same note, field set to a 'Pop-Up Value Menu' by default has a drop shadow that is not removable in the drop shadow and or line options... somehow i've found a Pop-up that does not have this, that i've been able to modify and spawn from to avoid this ugly thing. :baby: 

Thanks for the link, Lee... just so happens I am a member there.

The video is a great introduction to using Themes, but it should be noted for future viewers of this thread, that it does not address topic issue per say. The only take away so far is, start from the Minimalist Theme and work from there. If ever you wish to clear state settings, your only option is to go back and start from Minimalist, there is no option to clear Hover, Pressed, Etc. states to be non-specific (no reaction) that I know of anyway.

Thank you all for chiming in, I will just continue to work around this.
If there are any other ideas on how to address this, please share!

:ahappy:

"there is no option to clear Hover, Pressed, Etc. states to be non-specific (no reaction) that I know of anyway."

I still do not understand the issue. If I didn't want a the Hover state to differ in appearance from the Normal state, I would set its appearance to be the same as the Normal in the style definition.

This topic is 2618 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.