This topic is 2584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Perhaps I'm tired...but I would like a refresher on the subtle difference between these two triggers. In my use case, my script enters find mode, sets fields, and finds the target record (a scripted gtrr). Now that I found the record, I'd like to set all the default button bar $$active_segments, and perhaps nav to certain panels.

At first I tried OnLayoutEnter, but apparently that doesn't fire in Find mode. I could add all the setting of stuff to the script that does the find, but it occurs to me that perhaps OnRecordLoad is the better approach.

Thoughts?

if you change layouts while in find mode, the OnLayoutEnter will fire.  But it has to be enabled for Find mode of course.

If you want to trap the user switching modes on the same layout then the OnModeExit will do.

OnRecordLoad fires after the Layout change but if you only want to capture the layout or mode change then RecordLoad is overkill since it fires on all record changes.  Soliant has a big blog post with a triggers playground demo file that has all possible triggers enabled to make it easy to see the exact firings and sequences.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wim Decorte said:

But it has to be enabled for Find mode of course.

OMG - Never noticed these checkboxes. Thank you, Wim. So embarrassed...

This topic is 2584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.