Windows admin mode

pontios

This topic is 2594 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Attention: Before posting in the general discussion forum please review the other forums that would best suit your topic.
If you cannot find one then you may delete this text and post your topic in this forum.

Hi, I am a new filemaker user and although i have pretty much figured many things (especially in mac) I cannot for the life of me find out how to open a runtime solution for editing in windows. Basically i am looking for the equivalent of pressing the command button when opening in mac. If i open the fmpur file or anything else in windows, I only get a tool menu and nothing else.

Edited by Lee Smith
Removed default text format of FileMaker Pro Discussion

10 minutes ago, pontios said:

the equivalent of pressing the command button when opening in mac.

Do you mean holding the Option key while opening a file? So that you can log in using an account that's different from the one specified in File Options? If so, use the Shift key on Windows. And this has nothing to do with the file being a part of a runtime solution.

• Newbies

Yes, sorry, I meant the option key. However i have already tried holding down the shift key, 1st thing i thought off. I still only get the tools option and nothing else. I also don't know on windows how my user can be admin in filemaker.

This topic is 2594 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.