XML error: No memory at line 1
Greetings, this error occurred when the Filemaker API cannot generate a bunch of records. (1000+ records and above)
I've adjusted the time out settings for PHP even the memory limits.
Is there any possible solution for this?
According to some information, the error turns out that the 10 MB XML scripts is unchangeable.
By Ken d'Oronzio
FREE fmREST.php – Simplifies & manages PHP connections to FileMaker 16’s REST-based Data API.
The newly released FileMaker Server 16 now offers REST access to your FileMaker databases. There’s more about that how this impacts PHP developers here.
The bottom line is that to use REST as part of your PHP solution, you would usually need to write a series of cURL functions and you would have to manually manage connecting & disconnecting from your server, and saving your tokens.
This is a pain!
We know it’s a pain, because we have spent the last several weeks rolling REST functionality into soSIMPLE Calendar.
We created this class file to make it easier to manage dynamic REST sessions for soSIMPLE and our custom development. The goal of the class file was to help PHP developers start using the new REST engine as quickly and easily as possible.
We’ll also be updating it with new features. If you’d like to add something to it, please let us know.
What fmREST.php does:
Makes every REST call available as a PHP function. Automatically login into FileMaker Server whenever you call any REST functions Saves your token for 15 minutes to reuse Checks for a broken or disconnected token and automatically reconnects and runs your function again Where do I get it?
You can download the fmREST class file here.
Hi. I'm using FMPro 12 Advanced.
Creating a database for our community centre and I need to add a membership number to contacts - but not all of them.
I've created a separate table for Membership numbers (as not all contacts will have one, so serial numbers aren't appropriate).
Each membership has a number of details fields.
It's probably a REALLY logical and stupid problem I'm batting against - but I need to:
Select a contact>go to their details>add a membership number (go to a floating window layout, enter the details to the serial-number-derived membership) and have the details including the number show up in a tab on the contact's details layout.
I've created a relationship between my contacts file and my membership file via the Contact_ID>Contact_ID_fk and have played around with other relationships.
I've also created a simple script from a button on the Contacts membership tab to go to the Membership Layout window and create a new record. But it keeps creating a new record in the Contacts, not Membership - even though the relationship only has to create new records in the memberships side.
I'm now running around in circles - please can anyone help me out here?????
I have a weird issue that just started happening when I use the 'Print to PDF' script step in a loop.
I have a script that passes through and prints out a set of pages. When I use the script Debugger and when I reach the spot I am having issues with, I can see, during the preview, that it is in the correct record; showing the correct page, but once it is done and saved as a PDF, it is showing the first record that was browsed.
I have attached a snapshot of the script I am using.
If you notice, I have it go to the layout First, Performs a Find based on a Variable - It finds the proper records.
Then it goes to the first record, (for this example, lets say record # 36)
Starts a loop and saves the record being browsed to a PDF. Then it moves on to the next record in the found set.
The Custom Dialog which SHOULD show the next records ID, does not. It still shows record #36.
I have no clue as to why. Even though as I go through each script step and I can visually confirm it is moving to the proper record in the FileMaker client, it does NOT save the proper Record.
If I switch the option on the 'Save Record as PDF' from Current Record, to records being browsed, it saves the proper records to PDFs, but it duplicates them 3 times and does not set the proper page numbers.
Attached is also the end result
The Observ ID: should be 36, 37, 38 but all three pages stay at 36 showing the exact same record.
Thank you all for your help.