remote connection fms15

vincenzo

This topic is 2588 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello, 

I have a filemaker server 15 advanced running on windows server 2008r2 in a local LAN network. I want to connect to server with client (filemaker 15 pro). Everything work well in the local LAN but I am unable to access to the database outside the office using internet connection and IP. I just have made the port forwarding setup (5003 and 16000) but no results. Maybe the Windows server need to be opened in some service or funcionality?

Before of the server I had a simepl windows XP pc running filemaker server 5.5 and it work well also outside the lan.

Thank you

There is no change in how you access your FMS15 from the outside, it is still the same way as it was with FMS 5.5:

- no firewall on Windows blocking port 5003

- no firewall on the router blocking port 5003

- port forwarding on the router on port 5003, targeting the internal static LAN IP address or DNS name of your FMS box

- remote client using the WAN IP address of the router, or some DNS name that is properly mapped.

You don't need port 16000 unless you also want remote access to the admin console.

Virtually impossible to troubleshoot remotely if you say that all of those things are configured.  Is port 80/443 also open and forwarded?  If so you could test that remotely against the sample file to see if you can even get to the server.

When I said firewall, I meant a separate device, such as a router that has the firewall functionality. There has to be something between your Windows Server and the outside world.

Maybe your previous machine had a different IP address and that machine was in a DMZ or there were ports forwarded to it.

Previously you said the firewall was ok and the ports were forwarded. Now you say the firewall is turned off. You can't have port forwarding without a functional firewall. The firewall is the service that forwards the ports.

Are you the designated IT person or you have am IT person or tram 

Edited by Agnes Riley

Hi,

previusly I had a win XP machine working as "server" running FMs5.5...it had the win firewall disabled ...and it working in remote. Now we change this PC with a new Win server 2008r2 to allow installation of FMS15

I will check adding a rule to firewall for the fm ports...

This topic is 2588 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.