Is this done by calculations?

This topic is 2566 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

It's difficult to understand your question. Usually, you would show a list of people belonging to the same group in a portal. Or, if this is in a report, you would sort the people by group and show them in a list layout under a sub-summary (by group) part.

• Newbies
3 minutes ago, comment said:

It's difficult to understand your question. Usually, you would show a list of people belonging to the same group in a portal. Or, if this is in a report, you would sort the people by group and show them in a list layout under a sub-summary (by group) part.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out the portal part (truth be told I made a flat file with only one table and hoped I could somehow show a saved search result on a layout, but it off course makes sense that I should figure out somekind of relationship. 

If you want to make this super simple, then add a global gGroup field to your table, place it in the header of your layout (which would be either in List or Table view) and attach a script trigger to it to find the records in the selected group (or show all records if the field is cleared).

Edited by comment

• Newbies

First of all, my sincere apologies for cross-posting. I haven't been using forums in a long time and did not think of it as an issue. For full disclosure I have also been asking for paid help for the same problem on Twitter, but only as an absolute last solution because I really want to understand how this works and how to solve the problem.

@comment: That actually sounds a little like what I wanted to do. I might be totally wrong, but this still requires that I expand my solution to a multi table build right? 

Again my apologies if I didn't follow forum rules, not my intension at all.

Best regards

-Daniel

39 minutes ago, danielvasilios said:

this still requires that I expand my solution to a multi table build right? 

No, you can implement this with your current structure of a single flat table. And if you have nothing to record about a group other than its name, and each person can belong to only one group (and you don't need to keep history of a person's previous groups), then I see very little reason why you couldn't keep this structure.

This topic is 2566 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.