This topic is 2502 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey,

I want to use the same header on all my layouts in FileMaker Pro 15 Advanced but I can't seem to find a way to accomplish it. I read on Google and other forums that there is no way to do it, however the posts I found are all at least a year or two old. Did they add a way to do it in FileMaker 15 or do I still need to duplicate a layout to get the same header on a different one?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Edited by 123

Hey,

yeah I don't want the default FileMaker menu (that you use to create new records etc) to show up in the final product. I made a navigation bar or menu that lets you create new records, perform finds, switch layouts and so on. I guess I will have to duplicate the layout I have right now and then edit it for all my other layouts.

Thanks for the quick response,

Mike

Edited by 123
  • Like 1

Except that the custom menu doesn't give the visual 'Wow' that we're often looking for. More and more apps (non FileMaker apps) have only a hamburger menu and don't show the old style menu at all. Which allows a much more pleasing UI. Unfortunately, FM doesn't allow any styling of the menu nor can it be captured into a hamburger style menu.

Not sure how Accounts and Privileges fits into this?

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/26/2017 at 6:35 AM, 123 said:

I made a navigation bar or menu that lets you create new records, perform finds, switch layouts and so on. I guess I will have to duplicate the layout I have right now and then edit it for all my other layouts.

This is what I'm looking for as well... a left "Menu Bar" type item that the users can switch layouts quickly and easily, that I can include in all my layouts. I've been googling as well but haven't found what I'm looking for. I'm brand new to Filemaker and it's a big learning curve for me.

I'd also love to see a screen shot of what you are trying to do.

Is there a way to have a layout split into two... so that the left area holds a menu type item, and then the right area holds the meat of the program?

I'm so new I don't even know the correct terms. :)

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

I don't know if people here are still looking for an easy way but I simply ended up putting "Top Navigation" parts on all my layouts (Layouts -> Part Setup). Every "Top Navigation" part has the same buttons on it on all my layouts and by clicking them you can navigate to all the other layouts. This simulates a static navigation bar that always stays in place, even if you scroll. I don't know if that's the way you are supposed to use it but it's really easy and works perfectly,

Best regards,

Mike

This topic is 2502 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.