Workaround for attaching a PDF or screenshot to email

This topic is 2570 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a client using FM12 Server and Client.  He's requesting a "screenshot" of a table of related data to be attached (in-line) to a script-generated email.  I know of no way of scripting a screenshot within FileMaker without the use of a plugin.  I was thinking of saving as a PDF and then attaching to an email, but his users cannot mount the FM Server, so there is no path I can assign to the exported PDF.  Is there a clever workaround to achieve the desired result?  I'm aware than I can display each field in the body of the email, but he wants it to be formatted in columns and rows the way it looks on the layout.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks.  Not sure why I forgot about using temporary path.  However, as this does allow me to attach a PDF I can't quite achieved the desired result of having the PDF displayed inline (in the body of the email).  I don't think FM has any control over this...pretty sure its a local preference on each users Mail client...so I'm still looking for a workaround.  I've tried using Set Field to set a container field with the PDF, but that's not working.  Any ideas?

To simplify my original request, I'm looking for a way to generate an email that displays (in the body of the email) a group of fields on a layout (arranged in rows and columns). 

You're right - won't go inline.

After that, I'd probably construct a calculated field to display the data - the fun comes in getting everything to line up. Even using a tab marker, different fonts may produce different results. 

Export as html table and include the html in the email? Alternatively, you can create all the html in a script and format it just the way you like. Then use something like BaseElements to send an html email.

This topic is 2570 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.