One field Calculation not working

This topic is 2551 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I have attached a filmmaker pro file I am trying to build. I am using Filemaker Pro 15 and I will use the app in Filemaker Go

The username is admin and there is no password.

The field calculation that I am having problem with is the field labelled Post Call. When you type in you have done 1 hour in the camera field, it will take an hour off  in the overtime field, but will not take it off the Post call field. 

I need the Post call field to calculate how much overtime is done from when we wrap to leave  (less an hour cos we give one hour free) If we do Camera overtime this is taken off the post call time overtime as it is a different rate.

Eg. I wrap at 18:00 and leave at 20:30 - it should show an hour and 30 mins overtime (as it's two and half hours less the free hour). However if we do an hour of camera overtime between 18:00 - 19:00 then it should show half an hour in the post call field (cos it would wrap at 18:00 - camera overtime 18:00 - 19:00 the free hour from 19:00 - 20:00 so just the 3o mins in post overtime)

Does this make more sense now. I have uploaded a newer version and deleted the old one so the field is labelled better

I have tried many variations in the valuation but it never removes the camera overtime. If i put in 3600 if we do one hour etc etc then it will remove it but then that messes up the overtime field calulation, plus I would prefer not to have to work out how many seconds to put in if we do many hours of camera overtime. 

Can any one see what I might be doing wrong in the calculation? Any help gratefully received. Hopefully my explanation above makes sense and I have given all the inf needed. If not please shout.

Many thanks in advance

sarah

Timesheet copy Copy.fmp12

Edited by littlered136

Hi Sarah,

Your post is not really clear to me. Is your problem is the Post2 field which does not calculate when needed? or it calculates wrong results?

If it does not calculate when you need it to calculate, then maybe try to set the field as an unstored calculation field.

If it calculates wrong, then please provide us a more clear elaboration. Try to explain the whole situation and the criteria for calculation step by step.

Will be glad to help!

Hi siroos12

Yes lee just messaged me saying it didn't make much sense. i have edited the message above and labelled the field better to be post call rather then post 2. hopefully this makes more sense now. If not let me know and I can try again

thanks

sarah

Hi

Ou yes this does it, thank you just had a look at the calculation you put in so I can learn where I went wrong. Thank you so much. Now I'm going to have a go at trying to stop it display when it goes into a negative. I'm thinking I can do it using the object hide when command! 

Thank you again for taking time to look and help me , it's very much appreciated.

My pleasure, You may use "if" Function in the same calculation. So if the results of "Let" is less than 0 then return 0, otherwise return "let" results. Hope that make sense.

Not massively when putting it into the calculation, but then I am just learning so will have an attempt at that and see what results I get hahaha.... I am finding thats how I am learning is by attempting things first then coming here if stuck...

thanks again.

This topic is 2551 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.