Script Personalization

This topic is 2565 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I am evaluating mirror sync for my company and have some questions about the script personalization.

I created some rules for syncing successfully, but my problem is that if I need to change the rules it does no work and I need to make another initial sync from a new file which is very long in my situation. Is there a way to initialize the rules ?

Is there a way to create some personalize rules for pull up and push up ?

Now if I clearly understand, the personalization sync will ever push up to the server but only pull up according to our rules ?

thanks in advance !

Hi,

I created some rules for syncing successfully, but my problem is that if I need to change the rules it does no work and I need to make another initial sync from a new file which is very long in my situation. Is there a way to initialize the rules ?

When you say that you created some rules, do you mean you have defined some in MirrorSync customization scripts? Normally, changes made in the scripts should take effect in the next sync without distributing new offline file. 

Is there a way to create some personalize rules for pull up and push up ?
Now if I clearly understand, the personalization sync will ever push up to the server but only pull up according to our rules ?

So basically, customization scripts gives you the ability to filter the records that you want to sync and mostly it is defined on the server side. This will filter records coming from the server (pull up). However you can filter records on the client side (push up) but this is rare and it is not recommended to have filterings on both side at the same time. I would like to invit you to read our advanced topics about "Customizing MirrorSync" if you have not read that section yet.   
Here is the link http://docs.360works.com/index.php/MirrorSync_advanced_topics#Customizing_MirrorSync
If you have more questions specific to your solution or you need help on your customization scripts, you can email us at [email protected].

Thank you.

Tsiry Ranaivoarisoa

360Works Support team

[email protected]

This topic is 2565 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.