360Works_ScriptMaster.fmplugin cannot load

This topic is 2548 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I am struggling : I have a script using 360Works_ScriptMaster.fmplugin functions. It used to run smoothly with FMP12 and 13. I had to update FMP and now the 360Works_ScriptMaster.fmplugin would not load. I have tried with both FMP14 and FMP15. The 360Works_ScriptMaster.fmplugin is not listed in the pref pane of FMP14/15, while — on the same machine (and the same java 8.121 version) — it is loaded. I have tried to have the file in these directories: /Application/ FMP FileMaker Pro 14 Advanced/Extensions or the ~/Library/Application Support/Filemaker/Filemaker Pro Advanced/14.0 (or 15.0)/Extensions.

No success. Could someone have a clue about my problem? Many many thanks in advance.

Hi totoleheros,

Make sure that you have Java 6 installed as it is a requirement to use our plugins in the Mac OS. You can download it here. Also make sure that you put the .fmplugin version of the plugin in the Extensions folder and not the .fmx or .fm64. Alternatively, you can place the plugin in a container field and use the "Install Plugin File" script step to install the plugin.

@ryan360WorksHere are my current settings: I run my db from FMS 15. Now the 360works scripts are correctly loaded (and listed as 'activated' in the Server Plugins tab). But it seems that the functions of the plugin are not available when the db are accessed from client FM. So I decided to install the plugin on each client computer. It was running OK with FMP12 and then FMP13. Now, it is not working with FMP14 or FMP15, regardless of the location where I place the .fmplugin version.

As you suggested, I just tried the 'Install Plugin File' technic, placing the .fmplugin in a container field, but I have ended with a "1551: Cannot install the plug-in. Cannot delete an existing plug-in or cannot write to the folder or disk". My readings on the nets indicate that this issue could be very difficult to solve. So I'd like to go back to the former solution, that is to load the plugin in each client computer.

I'll try to work on the java version, since this might be the issue...

Thank you for your kind help

AN

Installation of java 6 on macOS sierra failed on my MPBR running a client FMP (had to install java 8.121) and the same holds true for the FMS-running computer with Yosemite. But since the plugin is installed on the FMS, why the hell its functions not accessible of the client FMP accessing the DB??? And why the FMP 13 with java 8.121 is loading the 360work plugin while the FMP 14 an 15 would not?!?

But it seems that the functions of the plugin are not available when the db are accessed from client FM.

This is expected behavior. The only way to see the functions in FileMaker Pro, regardless if the solution is hosted and the plugin is installed on the server, is to install the plugin in FileMaker Pro. This is the case with any FileMaker plugin. If you want to be able to run scripts with plugin functions from a hosted solution and not have to install the plugin locally, your scripts must be executed with the Perform Script on Server script step. Otherwise, the script will be executed locally and you will need to have the plugin installed for FMP. You will also need to install the plugin in FileMaker Pro for any machine that is going to be used to write the scripts, otherwise the plugin functions will not show up and you will see <function missing> in your pre-existing scripts.

8 hours ago, totoleheros said:

why the FMP 13 with java 8.121 is loading the 360work plugin while the FMP 14 an 15 would not?!?

Assuming that the machine with FMP13 is a Mac, then you have Java 6 installed because our plugins will not operate without it installed. You can check to see if you have Java 6 installed by opening Terminal and typing:

/usr/libexec/java_home -V 

Java 6 should be listed if you are able to enable our plugins in FMP 13.

Do you have any of our other plugins installed? What version of ScriptMaster are you installing for FMP 14/15?

@ryan360WorksThank you so much for your clear reply concerning the way to runPerform Script on Server script steps. Things are much clearer for me now!! I just have to learn to do it this way...

Now, I ran as you suggested the command '/usr/libexec/java_home -V ' which returned that I indeed have the 1.6.0 idk. Now, in the OS Java Pref Panel of my mac, it is stated that I have the version 8 update 121 (build 1.8.0_121-b13)...???

No other plugin installed. And for FMP14 and 15, I use the same version of ScriptMaster, that is the 4.134 version (the same running on the FMP12 and 13).

Thank you again!

AN

7 hours ago, totoleheros said:

Now, I ran as you suggested the command '/usr/libexec/java_home -V ' which returned that I indeed have the 1.6.0 idk. Now, in the OS Java Pref Panel of my mac, it is stated that I have the version 8 update 121 (build 1.8.0_121-b13)...???

You can have multiple versions of Java installed on your machine. I suspect the preference panel is just showing the newest version of Java that is installed. Since Java 6 showed up when you ran that command in Terminal, you should be good as far as Java goes.

7 hours ago, totoleheros said:

No other plugin installed. And for FMP14 and 15, I use the same version of ScriptMaster, that is the 4.134 version (the same running on the FMP12 and 13).

That is a pretty old version (released in 2012). We have had quite a few updates to ScriptMaster since then including a compatibility release for FM14. I recommend download and installing version 4.42 for FM14 and 15 and seeing if that resolves the issue. You can download that here. Be sure to remove version 4.134 from the FM14 and FM15 extensions folders. Try that and let me know if you continue to have issues.

This topic is 2548 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.