Passing $$MIRRORSYNC_USERTOKEN back from hub to spoke

This topic is 2569 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In the script 'MirrorSync Customization (Master Code)' around line 68 it implies that mutating the $$MIRRORSYNC_USERTOKEN var on the server would in turn affect the spoke device. 

Currently I am serializing some params via Let notation from spoke to Hub but I would like to pass back some metadata also. Changing the $$MIRRORSYNC_USERTOKEN var here does not seem to surface on the spoke.

So two questions:

1. Does this $$VAR get passed back to the spoke at all and if so, where can I surface it (what context) ?

2. What are some alternative techniques to pass meta data from Hub to Spoke? ( I am implementing some version control and auto updating and would rather not have to sync another table just to pass metadata ) 

Cheers!

Hi Charles - setting the $$MIRRORSYNC_USERTOKEN var on the server will not result in that value being sent to the client. The reason we warn against changing it on the server is to avoid overwriting the value passed in from the client to the server.

There is currently no support for doing what you're looking for, short of synchronizing a field in a table. I will add it to the feature request list.

I forgot to mention - the next version of MirrorSync will have support for auto updating solution files on the client. We'll be presenting that at our DevCon vendor session.

This topic is 2569 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.